Pages

August 31, 2010

New Xbox 360 Wireless controller

I'm a reformed hard core gamer (meaning I'm old and I wish I had more time to play) but I still like to keep up to date on the latest in the world of video gamers. That said Microsoft's online voice Larry Hryb (aka Major Nelson) announced today a brand new version of the Xbox 360 controller. According to M$ they've come up with a transforming D-pad that changes it from a disc to a plus with the twist of the wrist.

Other design changes include concave analog sticks and gray A,B,X,Y buttons. Go to Larry's Flickr page to get a good look at the controller's sleek new look. The controller will only be available with the new Play & Charge Kit that is supposed to launch on November 9th for US $64.99.



Although I like the new look, I don't think I'll pick it up anytime soon since I already have two "old school" controllers. The question I ask myself is why didn't they include this new controller as part of the re-designed Xbox 360 lauch a month ago?

No comments:

Post a Comment